Join us for The Grand Duke! Performances will be March 30 – April 2, 2017. We will also be performing a Gilbert / Jones / Sullivan collaboration, Thespis, Fall 2017.
music direction by: Alan Riley Jones
Performances of The Grand Duke will be March 30 – April 2, 2017, at the Carolina Theatre in Downtown Durham.
Thursday (Preview Night), March 30, 8:00 PM
Friday, March 31, 8:00 PM
Saturday, April 1
Sunday, April 2, 2:00 PM (matinee)
More about our show:
- Tickets for our performances will be available from a Durham Savoyards cast, staff, or orchestra member; by phone or in person from the Carolina Theatre; or from TicketMaster.
- Our director, Derrick Ivey, set up his own blog for the Durham Savoyards shows he has directed. His blog usually has interesting rehearsal-by-rehearsal accounts throughout the production process.
- Learn about the people involved in putting together Spring 2017’s big musical show, The Grand Duke. Want to be one of them? You can participate!
- Our shows have garnered much media attention over the years. Read previews and reviews of recent shows.
- We sign “God Save the Queen” and “Hail Poetry” with every main stage performance. Want to sing along from the audience? Please do!
More about The Grand Duke:
- All about The Grand Duke at the Gilbert & Sullivan archive, including its earliest performances, historical costume sketches, other artwork, original cast list, and an archived discussion.
- Plot summary, also on the Gilbert & Sullivan archive.
More about Thespis:
- All about Thespis at the Gilbert & Sullivan archive, including its earliest performances, historical costume sketches, other artwork, original cast list, and an archived discussion.